The Bahamas is made up of over 700 islands and cays. Around 39 of these islands have settlements and more are privately owned. The Bahamian people are proud of their heritage and are not afraid to show it which – something you’ll be sure to experience during your stay! The Bahamas is truly a fantastic Caribbean destination and simply breathe taking so, you’re in for a real treat.
- The Bahamas is UTC -5 hrs or the same as US EST
- The name Bahamas comes from the Spanish ‘Baha Mar’ which means shallow sea
- In the 80’s, the Bahamas was the capital of the cocaine trade with reportedly 90% entering the US through the Bahamas
- There is no income or sales tax for Bahamian’s!
- Tourism accounts for 40-45% of its economy
- The Bahamas is one of two countries in the world with a name beginning with the word ‘The’, and the other country is….??