With the tag line “Relax. If you can…” you’ll be jetting off to Ischgl expecting a lot and wanting to really be wowed. Fear not, you will not be disappointed.
Ischgl has recently been voted as the absolute best Alpine ski area in the Alps by “World of Wonder” (the popular travel and science channel) and they are not wrong. From the first-class mountain restaurants, heated chairs lifts, breath taking views and the stress-free mountain access, you really need to experience and enjoy this wonder of the world. Perhaps not being one of the headline resorts for the ski seasons has let Ischgl slip under the radar somewhat, but, that means more snow and joy for fewer people! However, Ischgl is becoming a bigger hitter for the seasoned pros and more and more people are heading over to this fabulous resort so get booked in quick!
You maybe asking yourself now, what is so great about this Ischgl place!? Well….
1) The skiing – The conditions, organisation, signage and amazing mobile phone app makes your time on the slopes so simple and takes the stress away about where you can ski and how long it takes. The mobile app answers every question you could possibly have. If you’re a slightly more old school, then the pocket paper map is brilliant and could be used by any slope user very easily. There is a good mix of relaxed and slightly challenging blues, reds and blacks and every run has an option for an easier or more difficult route to take down. Every type of skier is catered for in Ischgl and the gold blacks, mogul runs, and off-piste circuits will thrill the avid and professional skiers for days and days! One of the highlights must be the long red run-down home to town. Again, there is a crossover route which can be used by the less skilled skiers but means they can still enjoy the ski down (Highly recommend doing this run as the sun is setting for incredible views and light to ski in)
2) The nightlife – For most people an equal balance between skiing and partying is an absolute must on a Ski trip. Ischgl can once again cater for every want and need and keep everyone happy (with a pint in hand!) Après bars in the mountains are a plenty and can give you a great party before you ski or cable car back down to home. If you’d rather finish skiing then party, you have a choice of three home runs to take you to the perfect Après spots. Some of our favourites include: Vider Alp, Schatzi Bar and the Trofana Alm. Dancers on the bar dressed in lederhosen, loud whistles for pint deliveries and endless shots can be looked forward to! Post Apres, the party doesn’t stop with lots of town bars open late (We recommend the wine bar above hotel Schloss for a more classy and mature drinking spot) Into the early hours, club Pacha awaits which is a hidden gem of this resort and where all of the clubbing action can be found (located beneath Hotel Madelin – just past the town centre)
3) The resort – Some destinations and resorts you visit completely capture you and they become a favourite that you wish to visit over and over again. Ischgl does exactly that. After visiting once we guarantee you’ll be planning trips two, three and four and telling everyone you know about the haven in the Alps! Off the slopes you have a plethora of activities to enjoy with the highlight being the longest toboggan in the Alps which is over 5 miles long! Whizz down the empty home run slopes and immerse yourself in the magical night time mountains. Overall, the impression of the town, the ease of everything you can do and the quaint, traditional feel crossed with the right about of modern additions gives you everything you could need….and more!
Ischgl comes highly recommend by us for ski and non-ski incentives. As an inspirational centrally located destination for a conference/kick-off or off-site meeting. Also a great destination for entertaining and spoiling clients.
This delightful Austrian destination is one not to be missed. Get in touch now to find out more
Things not to be missed….
- The longest toboggan run in the Alps (Over 7km)
- Zip line through the mountains
- Night time snowshoe and winter hiking trails
- The mountain closing concert in April to mark the end of the season (past performers include; Elton John, Bob Dylan, Tina Turner, Celine Dion, Leona Lewis & Robbie Williams.
- Ski on the Samnaun “Duty Free” route from Ischgl to Switzerland
- Have lunch at Padorama for the most amazing mountain views
- Visit the towns ice rink for some ‘off the slopes’ fun
- Well serviced flights into Zurich
- 5 hour transfer – private minibus, coach, taxis
- 1 hour + GMT
- Ski season starts at the beginning of December until the very end of April
- Climate summer: June to September average temperatures of 24°C