What better way to get over a glum Thursday than to fill it with Gin….and lots of it!
Gin is fast becoming THE drink to have and is well known for being the ‘Londoners’ beverage. Lunch drinks, at the after work pub stop or a weekend session with mates, Gin is the most popular tipple of choice. With so many flavours, tonic varieties and garnishes types it’s impossible not to find a gin combination for one and all.
As well as drinking and tasting multiple Gins and tonics, we also learnt a lot throughout the evening – most of which we remembered the next day!
The key points we took away and have stored for vital pub quiz knowledge were….
- Gin’s core ingredient is juniper berries
- Before becoming the G&T we know today, Gin was used for medicinal uses
- Differing from popular belief, gin is in fact English not Dutch
- G&Ts are best paired with a curry
- The Philippines has the world’s largest gin market with over 50 million cases per year being sold
- The 3 top best selling gins in the world are… 1. Gordon’s / 2. Bombay Sapphire / 3. Tanqueray
- Officers of the British Navy were paid a portion of their wage in gin.
- Gordon’s Gin was founded in 1769 and their recipe hasn’t changed since!
We were spoilt with lots of gin, great food and so many interesting facts and information about the much-loved G&T. We definitely appreciate and love this drink so much more after tonight!
Thank you to the events hosts from Moulden Marketing and the Gin experts for a great evening.
Shall we do a wine tasting next…..?
CALL: +44 (0) 845 688 4740